Our Commitment to Privacy
As a user of this website, you have the right to know how we protect personal information that we receive from you and what you can expect from us. You also have certain responsibilities. This website is intended for use by USA based citizens only.
· You should be familiar with how our website works and read all our policies.
· You should be aware what information is collected on this website, how it is stored and used.
· You should know that this website is not in any way intended as a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be taken as treatment suggestions or relied upon as the basis for any decision or action. Always seek the advice of a qualified healthcare professional for medical advice or treatment.
This website is not intended for use by individuals who have not reached the age of legal majority in their country. Specifically, that is the age at which a person is recognized by law to be an adult and responsible for any legal obligations created by his or her actions.
· You have the right to know the information collection and storage practices of this website.
· You may change your mind at any time after you have provided any information and have the right to know how you can opt-out of any information collection, release, or use.
· You have the right to delete or remove your information from the website or request that we remove or delete it.
· You have the right to know how your information will be used and by whom.
· You have the right to know to whom we may release your information.
· We will protect any personal information you provide to us through the website at all times in accordance with applicable industry standards and our legal obligations.
· We will notify you if our information collection and storage practices change.
· If for some reason your personal information was released to or accessed by unauthorized persons we will notify you by email as necessary to help protect you from harm, embarrassment or distress.
We receive personal information, for example, your first name, last name, title and/or email address, contact telephone number and zip or postal code that you provide to us through your use of the website including in any of the ways explained below (“personally identifiable information”), and personal health information through direct user input. We may also receive information about how you use our website through the automatic operation of “cookies” and web logs.
This policy applies to all information received through the website, both automatically and through direct user input. For example, we receive information in any of the following ways:
Registration is not required for use of this website. Anyone can visit the website, read our content, and fill out the clinical trials questionnaire to determine their eligibility for the relevant clinical trial(s) offered. In the process of filling out this questionnaire, users are asked to provide non-identifiable information about their medical condition (such as disease stage, medications taken), age and location. At the request of a user, we use this information to match against the clinical trial criteria for participation. User questionnaire answers are grouped together with other users’ answers (“aggregated”) so that any one user’s answers cannot be tied back to that individual.
Users who wish to register for a particular clinical trial and to be referred to a study site for participation are asked to supply us with contact information such as name, telephone number and email address. This information is forwarded to the study site so that they may contact the user directly about participation in the study. Users may also receive a follow up communication from an IQVIA representative about participation in the study where necessary information about the study needs to be shared with or communicated to the user.
Users who do not qualify for the clinical trial(s) on this website and who provide an email address for the purpose of being contacted about a clinical trial of similar interest in the future may receive a communication through either of the following IQVIA patient community websites, www.ClinicalResearch.com or www.MediGuard.org as appropriate.
We use standard Web logs that record basic data about people who visit our websites.
The following information is contained in these logs:
· The date and time of the visit
· The pages of the website viewed during the visit
· The IP address of the computer used to visit the site (computers automatically generate an IP address as they surf the internet. IP addresses are also used to track new versus return visitors to the website and the clinical trial questionnaire)
· The type of web browser used to view our website
· The website visited immediately before coming to this website.
We do not normally seek to identify individuals from web logs. However, web logs may be used to identify an individual who we have reason to suspect tried to damage our website or use it in an unauthorized way. If we have reason to believe that there has been a violation of computer security or related laws, we may share our web logs with law enforcement agencies.
A cookie is a piece of data or a file that a website can send to your Internet browser which may then store it on your computer. Cookies store information such as the pages you visited, the website features you used, and the amount of time you visited a particular webpage. They are also a means of keeping track of a user's preferences during a visit to a website. For example, users who search for clinical trials expect the application to "remember" their criteria from search to search so that this information does not have to be entered again for each search. In order to provide persistence of such search criteria, we store a unique identifier in a “temporary” or “session” cookie that only exists during the browser’s session with the website. When a new search is started, the identifier can be extracted from the session cookie and used to request detailed search information for that user from our database.
All personally identifiable information or personal health information that a user enters on our website is stored in a secure database.
In addition, visitors clicking through to this website from either Google or Yahoo! Search engine sponsored Ads will have a cookie placed on their computer for 30 days. This cookie allows Google and Yahoo!, along with the Companies, to measure the effectiveness of their search engine advertising.
No cookies are used to track an identifiable individual's movement through the website or on the internet. They are only used to enhance the usability of the site.
While all health information available on the website may be read by a user with cookies turned off, cookies are required for clinical trial searching on this website.
The following cookies are used on our website:
· Google Analytics cookie
· Internal session cookies for our online questionnaire and contact information submission forms
· Advertising cookies are occasionally used to track how users reach our website.
You always have the right to refuse the storage of cookies on your computer, or to disable and/or delete cookies at any time. It is important that you understand that if you block or otherwise reject our cookies, you will not be able to use the website for clinical trial searching or to use certain of its essential features. We suggest that you accept cookies because they allow you to get the most out of your website experience, and to take advantage of some of the website’s essential features. By clicking through the website, we understand this means you have accepted our cookies.
For more information about the cookies we use, and to see what cookies have been set on your computer and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
At the request of the user, we forward personally identifiable information such as your name, possibly your date of birth, telephone number and/or email address and possibly your zip or postal code to the study coordinator at the medical center running the clinical trial of interest to you. Our website and service are free to users. We are compensated when we successfully refer willing and eligible participants to clinical trials that are appropriate for them. We never give personally identifiable information of the individual to a site conducting a clinical trial without the express consent of the individual.
It is possible that we may need to disclose personally identifiable information and personal health information in response to a search warrant, subpoena, or court order. This is a possibility that could confront any record keeper. Disclosures may also be made to protect our legal rights, to protect the security or integrity of our website, to take precautions against liability, or during emergencies if physical safety is believed to be at risk. These types of disclosures are unlikely, but they are possible and so we describe them here.
We combine and use non-personal information (aggregated data) from our Web logs and the clinical trials questionnaire to study how the website is being used. We will periodically analyze this aggregated data and use what we learn to make improvements to our website. In addition, we may share this aggregated data (which does not contain any information which can identify an individual) with our clinical research partners to assist them in better designing their websites or clinical trials.
Users wishing to access, correct or delete their personal information which has been referred to a study site, should contact the study site directly.
Non-identifiable information in our aggregate database will not be deleted. Like all responsible websites, we maintain backup files as a protection against natural disasters, equipment failures, or other disruptions. Backup files protect you and us because they lessen the risk of loss of valuable data. Removing a record from our principal files does not remove that record from any of the backup systems. It may take up to 6 months before all information in a backup record is completely erased through the normal recycling of backup files. In the meantime, as long as backup records exist, they receive the same privacy and security protections as our other records.
You can ask us to provide you with information about and copies of your personal information that we keep by sending an email to email@example.com. Please note that your right to ask for this information is not automatic or absolute and may be subject to a fee, to the extent allowed by law.
If you have any requests concerning your personal information or have any questions or comments about privacy please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your contact information, name of this Website or service at issue, and a detailed description of your request or privacy concern.
• You can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to provide you with access to information about clinical trials of interest to you.
• You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for any marketing related purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your personal information) if we intend to use your information for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can also exercise your right to object to such use at any time by sending an email to email@example.com
• If you receive automated email messages or other emails which you prefer not to receive, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
• We suggest that you accept cookies but if you disagree, please visit the Help feature on your browser which can tell you (1) how to prevent your Internet browser from accepting new cookies, (2) how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or (3) how to disable cookies altogether. It is very important that you understand that if you block or otherwise reject our cookies, you may not be able to use all aspects of this website.
Processing personal information in a secure manner is essential to our business and for your protection as a user. Maintaining a secure network and server system is in the best interests of our users and our research partners. We process and store personally identifiable information using industry standard physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to secure such personal information against foreseeable risks such as unauthorized use, access, disclosure, destruction, and modification. Such security safeguards include use of encryption, password protection and user authenticated access rights. While we will use reasonable efforts to create a secure, safe and reliable website, the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to or from the website over the internet cannot be guaranteed.
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. This website is not intended for or designed to attract minors. Users under the age of 18 or the age of legal majority in their country should not submit information to our website, and we do not collect, receive or knowingly keep information from any user we know or have reason to believe is a child under the age of 18 or age of legal majority, unless the information is provided by a parent or guardian. If a child has provided us with personally identifiable information, the parent or guardian of that child should contact us if they want this information deleted from our files.
Users that are interested in pediatric trials will be asked to enter a date of birth. If the date of birth is under the age of 18 or legal majority in their country, the user will not be allowed to continue and submit the information.
Our website may contain links to other websites. You should carefully review the privacy policies or notices and practices of other websites, as we cannot control or be responsible for their privacy policies, notices or practices. For links to other company web properties, please review those privacy terms as well as they may differ from those on this website.
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please contact us at email@example.com.